Saturday, May 19, 2012

Evie's First "Hate" Mail

Today Evie got uncontrollably angry and upset after her dad and I laughed at her. Let me back up, she was being silly and we teased her... and she didn't understand we were teasing her. We thought she was fighting back a laugh while faking a frown. We egged her on to produce tears... She spun around and had welled up eyes. Her dad and I both coo'd telling her we were only kidding her and she stormed off to her bedroom. 
Welcoming the silence, Rob and I continued to sit in the front room after she wouldn't return (we called a few times but gave up figuring she'd get into an activity and forget).

A few minutes later she returned and dropped this not on my lap before retreating to her bedroom once again.

It didn't produce the effect she was after - Rob and I both giggled.

I asked Evie to explain. She told me she crossed our her heart and frowned cause I mad her sad.
We hugged and moved on... but not without me squirreling this little gem away for future arsenal.

No comments: