Sunday, February 12, 2012

Max's First Barber Shop Experience

Max is 9 months old and 1 day.


Ok, well, ... not quite.
It was more like mom armed with a Wahl-system razor and dad creating distractions as we tried to make Max look a little less unkept.
I had trimmed Max's top layer (around Christmastime) and did mange to trim the flange around his ears at that time, too. But his hair has really come in thick all around and the duck tail in the back was beginning to create this swirl from having bed head. Well, I just couldn't take it anymore so I purchased a $34.99 kit at CVS and demonstrated my stylist skills this morning while we let Max watch some brightly colored kids shows on the TV.
I suggested we use Max's portable plastic hi-chair and Rob suggested a receiving blanket cape.
Max did really well and didn't mind the buzz in his ear at all.He didn't even have a pacifier until the very end when we took this photo and he started to get upset at not having full use of his arms.
I think it turned out pretty well if I do say so myself.

No comments: