Saturday, February 26, 2011

PHOTO: 28wks2days


This photo doesn't look much different from the one posted at 24 weeks. Hmmm, I don't know how I feel about this. Yes, its the same shirt (and same colored pants) but my belly really doesn't loo any bigger to me. Maybe this is the part where it doesn't poke out so much as it starts to get more "solid" cause bending over, lately, has become more of an advanced skill than say a basic-level movement anyone can do. I have begun to utilize Evie's eagerness to pick-up things off the ground and even sent her to get things for mommy.

Yesterday morning I watched shows with Evie while Rob showered before taking her to school. I work from home on Fridays (which is particularly awesome given the recent phenomenon of getting a tightened stomach struggling in/out of my building with my two laptops... braxton hicks?).
I blew my nose and could tell... I have a bloody nose... again.
Ugh.
I ask Evie to grab the kleenex box on the coffee table and to please hand to mommy (not wanting to lean forward). It was quickly evident... this was more than I could keep up with. I sent her to Rob's office for the little trash can and to go get daddy out of the shower. Can you believe she picked-up the wads of tissue on the table with her thumb and index finger... gently... looked at me, "I don't want to get the blood," and then tossed them in the waste can before running off for Rob? This kid's gonna be an excellent helper with poopie diapers. Love. Her.
Drip-drip-drip... I leaned over the waste basket... am I going to need a transfusion?
I hear Evie explain, "Daddy, there's a problem. Mommy, um, mommy's nose has blood!"
Rob appears with a towel and is genuinely worried that I may be light headed. If anything this blood loss is making my body temperature return to normal... I have lots to spare.
One wet wash cloth and a total of 10 minutes later... all is right with the world.
Man, pregnancy is not a sexy state.

No comments: