Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Da-Da

In an effort to get Evie beyond "mmm-mm-ma-ma!" and "ba-ba-ba-ba" and "aaaagggh!" (sudden bursts of glee), Rob and I have been introducing "da-da". I point to her dada and I tell her that dada takes care of her. I lean in real close while repetitively saying, "da-da-da-da!" She then grabs my teeth and inevitably jabs my gums with a fingernail while shrieking. She does watch my tongue intently; trying to figure out how to put the point of her tongue against the roof of her mouth. Its funny how difficult this phrase can be.
So, tonight, Rob and I kept saying "da-da!" to her while she rolled and wiggled all over our laps before bedtime. She grunts over and over again accompanying all her bursts of pre-bed, non-stop squirms.
And then, like a commercial, "da-da."
Rob: "Did she just..?"
Me: "Yeah. Da-da. I heard it, too."
Evie: Leans backwards smiling, "Na-na."
Close enough.

No comments: