Thursday, January 31, 2008

6 Month Portraits

Wow - sorry, long time no post.
We packed our bags and headed out to Greensboro for the weekend of Jan 18-21. Well, it was supposed to be Jan 18-20, but after hauling 1 baby and 2 dogs on a 4 hour car ride for less than a 48 hr trip... you end up extending said trip, one more day.
While there, I had my mother scedule a portrait session for Evie at Portrait Innovations for her 6 month pics. Again, I plan to do these just for her 3 month, 6 month, 9 month and 1 year.
$150 and 97 poses later (yes, those are both real numbers and not exaggerated), here's the photos I decided to have printed up for keepsakes. Please note - they aren't all cropped correctly, these are the roughs.
Now I either need to get more family members to take a portion of these of my hands or we need more wall space 'cause what the hell are we going to do with all these?!.
But as you see, and will most likely agree, how could you pass these up and NOT buy them? Evie is so damned cute... it hurts.
Enjoy!


About this time, we started getting really fussy. Maybe it was the itchy feather boa wrapped around her diaper... or the awkward fake butterfly wings we tried to get her to wear. Maybe it was her damaged pride. Or maybe she was just done and ready to call it a day... but we gave her a bottle and a quick change of clothes for round 2.

I'm back! Where's the camera?

Wait? What? Huh?

I don't care how many times you get in my face with your squeaky voice, it no longer works. I'm no longer smiling and I'm not "such a cute, happy baby." Leave me alone or I'll wail. I'll do it. I swear.

She did kick off her shoes repeatedly in the final pictures, which, sucked cause she looked great in these colors but, MAN, did she do a great job before this point, no?
We were at this place for 2 & 1/2 hours when all was said and done! She slept HARD in my arms while we selected which portraits to buy. She woke up just in time to go home and get grandpa for the afternoon out at a cousin's house.
What a professional.

5 comments:

kendra said...

see!

it happens so easily. you think, i have restraint. then you get to the photo place and all of the pictures are so cute. you think, how can i choose? and then, all of the sudden, you live in kent ohio with a wall of photos of your baby. bam.

Brooke Ullman said...

Noooo! Say it isn't happening? Tell me its not to late to fight this!

(I told rob we need to go to IKEA soon to buy a mass of frames to begin filling the hallway...yikes! I'm scared...)

Beechwood Metalworks said...

Yep, us too. $110 later and I have a gazillion 11x17's that need a home on my wall. All the 5x7's went to grandparents for Christmas. The 4x6's went to Aunts, Uncles, and friends. I went into the same place becuase the mother in law got a coupon for one pose @ $9.99. She wanted the girls in white dresses and bare feet. Well after 2 outfit and scene changes and all those cute pictures- I'm slapped with this bill I can't refuse or else I feel like a heartless mother. Little did I know that I would get a CD with all the shots- which i could have emailed to family instead of printing! Oh well, I'll probably do it again. Such is our fate as mothers. You're not alone!

Brooke Ullman said...

Same story - who the heck wants the 11X17's? They are huge! the one of just Evie's face/head... as an 11X17 is larger than an actual ADULT head. Its freaky. I could almost cut it out and attached strings to the ears to wear as a Halloween mask next year. If, I wanted to go as a bald Peanuts character.
;-)

The photos you had of the girls for Christmas were cute! I have it on the fridge!

Jay Geldhof said...

Is the type size on yer Blog going to keep growing along with Evie?