Tuesday, May 08, 2007

31 weeks (give or take)

Went to the doctor this AM and I am just shy of 31 weeks (I think I officially hit it tomorrow. So I'm what, 30 weeks +6 days? Whatever). I actually am still measuring larger - at 33 weeks. The doc thinks it will "plateau" and that I'm just going through a growth spurt (well, baby is, actually) but I'm beginning to worry that I will be having a 10lb baby. Upon saying this to the doctor, he added, "I believe in letting your body take control. I don't like to induce unless we really have to, in the case of a rising blood pressure."
Um, oh great! So, baby is still in breech position and possibly huge. You mean to tell me... I could have a C-Section? Agh!?
Now, all women face the possibility of a C-Section... anything can go wrong at any moment. You are told to keep an open mind from the very beginning.
I'm not open-minded on this. I really don't want one. Many woman do (afterall, who wants to pee everytime they cough for the rest of their lives?) love 'em. I, for one, have watched too many maternity shows where they show the woman strapped to a table... shivering (the drugs make you cold)... being shaken all around as they pull the baby out. Feel nothing my ass! I've felt every cavity being filled and I can just imagine what having THAT done feels like. And to top it all off, you can't even hold the baby afterward, so sad!
*sigh*
But enough of my theorizing. I'll just go home tonight and lay on an ironing board while eating fat-free rice cakes.
Oh, and I currently weigh 25lbs more than I did before I took the pregnancy test oh so many months ago. Wow. I've gained 25lbs - phew! And I have 9 weeks (well, 9 weeks +1 day) to go still!). At my average of 1.25lbs a day... I'll be 36.25lbs when all's said and done! That is, if I keep this pace up. Of course, does that factor in the 10lb baby?!.
;-)

No comments: