Saturday, May 21, 2011

"Mommy, Do I Have School Today?"

First question Evie asks me after Max and I get up around 9:30AM (after having spent 5AM-6:40AM both up playing and nursing).
Me: "Um, no, Evie. Today is Saturday."
Evie: Cheering and falling back into my bed, "Yeah! I get to play with Schwally all day!"
Me: "Yes, yes, you can. I'm so happy you are excited to play with your brother!"
Evie: "Yeah! Um, mommy. I know. We could go have a pic-nic, go to the park and then watch a movie!"
Me: "That sounds like an awesome idea, Evie."

(Evie actually has a birthday party today so we may try to hatch her plan tomorrow).

After nursing Max this morning Evie asks, "Can I hold him? Put that pillow around me and I'll hold him, K?"

2 comments:

Willy Willions said...

The cutest! I think Evie is the perfect age to be a big sister.

Love the pic with Puck checking things out from the sidelines.

Brooke Ullman said...

Yeah, strangely enough, her desire to act like a baby 0 talk in baby talk and to whine has taken a nose-dive significantly in recent days. I really hope its cause she's embracing her new status as a "big kid"... she certainly is more helpful (awesome!)