Friday, May 20, 2011

Cluster Feeding

More like Cluster F*ck.

Last night was cluster feeding Hell. I mean HELL.

It takes him 45 minutes to nurse and, of course, you gotta change 'em in between each side (well, I do, at least. This kid poops and pees a lot more lately!).

So, he ate at 7:30PM and was down just shy of 8:30PM. I did a few things around the house and was in bed by 8:45PM... asleep by 9PM. I had to go to bed this early since he had us up the night before. He was WIDE AWAKE at like 2AM... Rob ended up taking him to the other room to "play" with him so we were both exhausted last night.

At 9:30PM he wakes up crying. I was tired I was like, "Wha? Who was that? Where am I???" I picked him up and nursed till 10:15PM or so and put him back down. Rob came to bed around that time.

At 11:00PM he was up again! I thought, you have GOT to be kidding me! We just did this! I picked him up to nurse and Rob was no where to be found. I think Max's crying woke-up Evie cause she apparently was calling for me to go potty. Rob had to walk her sleepy self into the bathroom (he said he thought she was sleep walking since she went to go potty but stood at the sink pretending to wash her hands *giggle*, poor thing!).

We got back into bed around 11:45PM and I thought "This is it now." He started talking/coo'ing and moving. This kid was UP! UGH! We fought it off till Rob got up with him around 12:20AM. He brought him in the living room where he squawked like a parrot off/on again until 1AM. I finally went out there, too... I couldn't sleep listening to all that. I looked at Rob and told him I was just shy of busting out the Similac... this was crazy! I mean, it had been like 45minutes since the last feeding and he was acting hungry at 12:30AM. Rob put him off till 1AM with a pacifier... Max fought and fought... he was so fatigued... we all were..

I grabbed Max from Rob and headed back to our room where we nursed again until 1:45AM or so. He drifted in and out the whole time and never even finished on the one side. I thought, "OK, this is IT. No more! The wells are DRY!"
I put him down and he did the whole frantic rooting motion while fussing. Aw, HELL NO, kid! I about shoved the pacifier down his throat... I was so spent. I rubbed his back and burped him a few more times. I think I even got Rob involved at this point (its all a blur)... in any case... by 2:15AM he was silenced.

We all collapsed.

Fortunately, he only woke-up one more time at 4AM and then was up for the day at 7:30AM.
Ugh, I forgot about this part... the cluster frenzy... its the pits!

Oh! He's crying again, off to nurse!

No comments: