Saturday, May 14, 2011

Last Night in the "Hostipal" (as Evie says it)

I have many things to go back and post/talk about ... whenever THAT freetime presents itself.
In the meanwhile, I had to post on tonight.
My final night in the hospital.
Rob and Evie came over at 6:30PM just after nursing... which was great timing so I could focus all my time on Evie while Rob held Max.
They just left at 8PM.
I find myself looking out the window... a stormy, rainy night and start crying.
I've been overjoyed, elated, and absolutely in love these last 4 days and now The Blues are kicking in.
The Blues are the absolute pits.
I just want to curl up in a ball and cry... which, I did do a little bit with the birth of Evie after getting home.
But today, I realized just how much work lies ahead and how absolutely scared I am.
I hope I can do this.
I hope WE can do this.
I asked Rob to be my rock the next few days 'cause I warned him this would happen. I'm prepared. I'm ultimately OK.
This isn't an outcry. Its seriously just The Blues brought on by stress of the unknown. God how post-pregnancy makes a woman go hormonally crazy afterward!

I'm looking forward to the next sunny day.
Max is whimpering. Time to nurse. This is, thankfully, the best medicine ...'cause he is an absolute charm to nurse. We are already in synch. I hope he stays this easy-going once we get back home cause he really is an amazing baby boy.

*sigh*, we can do this...

2 comments:

Natalie said...

You CAN do it! It will be crazy and hectic but just always remember how lucky you are and how much you love those babies. It'll be nuts at first but you'll hit your stride! And I'll be just a phone call away when you need it!!

Brooke Ullman said...

I'll be needing some lifelines. I know alot of this is that hormonal "baby blues" part but man, does it suck big time.

I'm so scared.... deep breathes, phew.