Sunday, October 23, 2011

Autumn Owl Craft

Eat your heart out, Martha.


We went for a lovely walk last weekend at our neighborhood park (Bryan Park). I went with the intention of taking a nice family photo (always an arduous task). I knew Evie needed focus so I brought a big ZipLock** bag and told her to find some cool stuff for us to use in our decorations at home (last year we found big acorns, pine cones, and walnuts to decorate the center of our Thanksgiving Day table).
Somehow her treasures came together in my mind as an owl so we hot glued this little guy this morning.
He's so cute, I think we'll go back today to find even more acorns and fuzzy grasses to make a few more for friends. :-D

**Its a good thing we used a ZipLock bag this year, too, cause here we are making crafts while we watch a grub worm trying to escape - ugh!

Oh yeah, and here's those photos of us:

Max

Evie

Bumps on a log

No comments: