Thursday, July 23, 2009

Confessions of a mother

I am embarrassed to say I cannot recall the channels I used to like to watch but I can easily "dial" Noggin without having to thinking about it.

I have worn the same pants to work (with said toothpaste spot from Evie's hands) 3X's now... I need to go to the dry cleaner.

I have been known to share Evie's sippy-cup of water when in the car or shopping. I get thirsty!

I let Evie play with my make-up this morning as a distraction while I poured coffee/got ready. I was impressed at her putting on blusher and her attempt at using the eye lash curler. I also suddenly got very nervous that maybe she'll be one of those girls...

I read "Snow White" to Evie last night. Apparently I owned an abridged version when I was a kid and my mom passed it down to me. God what a horrible story. I could barely trudge through it and by the end.. Evie seemed to enjoy pointing out the characters. I hid the book in the back of the book case.

I have turned into one of those people who picks up a toy to entertain Evie in the store... and then sticks in back on a random shelf when she seems to have lost interest. I can't believe I have done this - I hate those people!

I have let Evie eat grapes at the grocery store before weighing and buying them. Again, I cannot believe I have done this but she WAILS for grapes if I pick them up... and I only did it once. OK, twice... I sneak them in the cart every chance I get...

No comments: