Saturday, May 02, 2009

Baby's First Plane Ride

April 28th-May 2nd.
Since Rob's folks couldn't come out our way this spring (financial tough these days), Rob decided to bring Evie to them. What sounded like a good idea on paper quickly became a stressful plan: what do we pack? Will she scream on the whole plane ride? Will she freak-out without mommy (that's right folks, this was a dady-n-me only trip...)?
It turns out... it was a great idea and couldn't have gone any smoother. Evie crashed out 5 minutes into the plane ride and slept the whole way curled up on daddy's lap.
A playdate with Ivy proved to be fun for both dads and girls.


Evie enjoyed gathering pine cones from grandma's yard (I thought they were turds when Rob first showed me this pic!)

Evie played with her 3 cousins. I think she, too, is wondering why the hell the 15-month old walks around in a bib...

She caught up on family hugs. Here she is making her way around the room starting with Aunt Nicole...

And finally, she learned the terms "unexpected delays," "overhead bin," and "turbulance." Actually, according to dad, the flight back was just as picture-perfect as the one on the way up. She slept like a rock all curled up on dad's lap. she still wasn't quite awake when dad strolled her out of the terminal all hot, sweaty and rubbing her eyes. She looked at me like I was a mirage at first and then quickly held up her arms for me to pick her up. She sleepily laid on my shoulder all the way out the airport...


Coming up in one month, the family flight to Chicago! Stay tuned...

No comments: