Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Guacamole and Hummus**

Inspired by Sloane's recent installation, I shared my "red pepper hummus" with Evie this past weekend. Initially confused by the new taste, she eagerly leaned in to suck the remainder on my pinky (she's not quite at the stage of enjoying hummas on pita chips yet). I gave her a few more tastes before I began to worry about the pepper. I'll try plain hummas next time.
Tonight, before making my guacamole, I made a "virgin" variety for the baby. Mashing up an avacado and giving her a taste off my fork... she scrunched her face before looking slightly interested. I ended up giving her a good serving with her dinner. I have also decided that now is my chance to morph Evie into an eater like her mom.
Next week, mushrooms and olives. *wink*

** I admit it. I had to look up the spelling on both of these. *sigh,* I hope Evie gets her dad's vocabulary & spelling skillz... er, skills.

1 comment:

kendra said...

i like the looks of this evie!